Republicans face another critical election next week. Our elected officials in Congress, both returning members and the newly elected, will choose their leadership for the next session. The race for the open Republican Conference Chair is especially crucial. On the heels this week’s discouraging losses, the individuals picked to be in the leadership for the House Republican Conference must communicate to the American people that the Republican Party is not interested in business as usual. We need a strong conservative who will hold firm while working to solve the pressing issues we face.
Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash., 5th) is the hard working new agent of change we need in leadership.
- Don’t let the fact that Cathy is from blue Washington State fool you. Anyone that knows the political landscape in the Northwest also knows that Eastern Washington is deep red territory. Cathy is a real conservative — she has a 92% lifetime voting record with the American Conservative Union, and “A” scores from many other leading conservative groups as well.
- She voted against TARP, and has been a reliable & dependable voice against Pres. Obama’s Big Government policies. She led the fight against U.S. taxpayer involvement in the European bailouts.
- Publicly and behind the scenes, Cathy has been a champion for the balanced budget amendment. She’s also an advocate for a constitutional amendment to limit federal spending to no more than 20% of the economy.
- Cathy knows how to present conservative ideas and solutions. She has pushed back hard on the Democrats mythical “War on Women.” She’s organized the Republican women to hold press conferences, floor speeches, opinion editorials, and traveled the country helping her colleagues set the record straight.
- Cathy has been a driving force in getting her colleagues to adopt new and social media. Her regular conference calls have connected conservative media with other members of Congress working on investigations like Fast & Furious, the Solyndra debacle and many others.
- During this past election she was on the ground in 22 states and 51 districts. She was the RNC Convention ‘Host’ and the Romney House Liaison. She’s raised over $1 million for the NRCC, contributed over $300,000 directly to candidates and is a top contributor to Young Gun and Patriot Candidates funds.
- Cathy is an experienced legislator. She served five terms in the state legislature, eventually rising to Republican minority leader in Olympia. This will be her fifth term in the U.S. House.
- Cathy is prepared to be a strong Conference Chair. She is a proven and savvy communicator, and will be aggressive in promoting the GOP message. She’s already served four years as Vice Chair, so she knows what it takes and would hit the ground running.
- As Conference Chair, Cathy would be the highest-ranking pro-life woman in Congressional history.
- Cathy shines in front of a camera and behind the scenes, but works to draw on the expertise of Members on the issues to fight back in the media.
Cathy McMorris Rodgers will be a strong voice at the leadership table, and will bring a unique perspective, not only as a mom, but also as a conservative reformer. It’s about time for a change.
Be the first to write a comment.